What haven’t I done before? I love chicken Caesar but I haven’t made it in a simple salad before (I have made Jamie’s roast chicken Caesar which is amazing but it takes a lot longer than this).
Ingredients (serves 2):
1 x Iced gem lettuce, diced
2 x Vine tomatoes, cut into chunks
1 x Avocado
0.5 x Yellow pepper (or red pepper), diced
0.5 x Cucumber, diced
5 x Florets of broccoli
Handful of fresh basil, diced
4 x Slices of bacon
1 x Chicken breast
1 x Fresh lemon
2 x Garlic cloves
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
Soy sauce (optional)
Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
1. Put the diced lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, yellow pepper, cucumber and basil into a salad bowl.
2. Put the chicken breast in an oven-proof dish with the 2 garlic cloves – drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and hot paprika. Bake for 20-25 minutes (make sure it isn’t pink!).
3. In a bowl put 7-8 tablespoons of mayonnaise and squeeze half a lemon, salt and pepper to taste, the vinegar and when the garlic is cooked, chop it into this mixture. Combine the ingredients.
4. Fry the bacon until crispy and add the broccoli until cooked through (I sometimes drizzle with soy sauce just to add extra flavour). Dice the bacon and add into the Caesar dressing mixture. Put the broccoli into the salad bowl.
5. When the chicken is cooked, slice into small pieces and put in the Caesar dressing bowl.
6. Drizzle the salad with olive oil and then add the chicken and bacon Caesar mixture on top.
7. Great served with warm bread or new potatoes.