What haven’t I done before? Used gluten free oats in cookies or even chocolate buttons.
Ingredients (12 cookies):
50g Caster sugar
65g Brown sugar
1 x Small egg
100g Gluten-free self raising flour (or regular flour if you prefer)
50g Broken chocolate buttons
100g Gluten-free oats
Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celcius.
1. Melt the butter in a pan.
2. Combine the sugars and then add the melted butter, mix until combined.
3. Beat the egg in a seperate bowl and then stir into the sugar/butter mixture.
4. Stir in the milk.
5. Sieve the flour and fold the mixture. Add the oats and chocolate – mix well.
6. Lightly oil a tray (so the cookies don’t stick) and using a tablespoon, spoon the mixture onto the tray (similar to the picture above). I could only fit 6 on a tray and cooked in 2 batches. Use 2 trays if you have.
7. Bake for 10 minutes, take them out and put on a cooling rack.
8. Eat them with a cuppa or glass of milk (I usually wait 5 minutes and then start eating because they are lovely warm).
4 Comments Add yours
Very nice… I’m making a similar recipe soon. 🙂
Thanks – I would love to find a way to make them less cake like and more biscuitesque!
Hm maybe fried..or not. Lol. Yeah that would be hard due to the nature of oatmeal when cooked but if u find a way definitely share 🙂
Will do 😀