What haven’t I done before?
Cooked chestnuts or made stuffing from scratch.
1 x Small bag of chestnuts
1 x Large red onion
50g x Butter
2 x Gluten free rolls
3 x Eggs, beaten
1 x tbsp milk
1 x Chicken stock cube
1. Score all the chestnuts, put in a pan and cover with cold water. Boil for 25 minutes.
2. In a pan add the butter and when melted add the onion – sauté for 2/3 minutes.
3. When the chestnuts are done peel them and add to the pan of onion. Then add salt and pepper to taste. Crumble in the chicken stock cube.
4. Blitz the rolls so they become chunky breadcrumbs – add this to the pan of chestnuts/onions and mix.
5. Put in an oven-proof dish, then cover with the beaten egg and milk.
6. Bake in a pre-heated oven (180 degrees Celsius) for 30 minutes until crispy on the top.