What haven’t I done before?
1. Made gluten free shortbread
2. Used condensed milk
3. Made Millionaires shortbread
Ingredients (14 slices):
250g x Plain gluten free flour
75g x Caster sugar
175g x Butter, softened
100g x Butter
100g x Brown sugar
2 x 397g Cans of condensed milk
300g x Galaxy (I got a very large Christmas bar)
1. Pre-heat over to 180 degrees celsius. Lightly grease 2 round tins (I used tins that were about an inch high).
2. Mix the flour and caster sugar in a bowl. Rub in the butter until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Knead mixture together until it forms a dough, then split in 2 and press into the greased tins. Prick with a fork and bake for about 20 minutes until firm to touch (gluten free flour doesn’t brown as well as regular flour so do be aware of this). Cool in the tin.
3. To make the caramel, put the butter, sugar and condensed milk into a pan and heat until the sugar has disolved. Bring to the boil, continously stirrling until the mixture has thickened. Pour equally over the 2 tins. Again, leave to cool in the tin.
4. When you are ready to top the shortbread and caramel, melt the chocolate slowly over a pan of hot water. Again, divide in 2 and pour over the caramel and leave to set. For the best result leave over night. You can then cut into triangles like above.