What haven’t I made before? I haven’t made risotto from scratch before.
Ingredients (serves 4):
25g x Dried mushrooms (I used a mix)
1 x Stock cube (you can use vegetable or chicken)
1 x Onion, finely chopped
2 x Garlic cloves, finely chopped
250g x Chestnut mushrooms, chopped
300g x Risotto rice
2 x 175ml glass white wine
25g x Butter
Handful of parsley, chopped
50g x Parmesan, grated
1. Put the dried mushrooms into a bowl and pour boiling water so they are covered. Leave for 20 minutes and then remove the mushrooms. Crumble the stock into the mushroom juice.
2. Heat the oil and saute the onions and garlic, fry until soft. Stir in the fresh, chopped and dried mushrooms, season with salt and pepper – cook for 8 minutes until the mushrooms are softened.
3. Put the rice into the pan and cook for 1 minute. Pour 1 glass over the risotto and let it bubble until the wine has evaporated. Then add one third of the mushroom stock – simmer uintil the liquid has absorbed. Then add the same amount of stock again and simmer/stir. By the time you but the final portion of liquid in the rice should almost be cooked.
4. Continue stirring and add the other glass of wine – keep stirring until the rice is cooked (you can use water if the rice still needs more liquid to cook).
5. Take the pan off the heat and add 25g of parmesan, the butter and some of the chopped parsley. After a few minutes, dish into bowls and sprinkle with parmesan and parsley.
6. Serve with gluten free garlic bread and salad.