What haven’t I done before?
I haven’t cooked a Portuguese dish before – I had a dish like this in Portugal last week and I wanted to replicate it. It was simple to make and a really homely, wintery dish.
Ingredients (serves 2):
1 x Onion, finely diced
1 x Large baking potato, peeled and diced into thin chips
2 x Fillets of smoked haddock (you can use any type of fish)
3 x Eggs, beaten well
10 x Olives
Salt, pepper and smoked paprika
1. Pre-heat the over to 180 degress celsius.
2. Saute the onions in olive oil until cooked then put aside.
3. In the same pan, fry the chips in a decent amount of olive oil until they are soft in the middle and crispy on the outside. Put to the side.
4. In the same pan again, lightly fry the fish in olive oil until cooked, then flake it off the skin. Eat or discard the skin.
5. Put the onions, chips, fish and olives into an oven dish. Then season well with salt, pepper and lots of smoked paprika. Pour the beaten egg over all the ingredients and mix well.
6. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
7. This is delicious served on it’s own or with hot pepper sauce to give it a kick.