What haven’t I done before? I haven’t made fishcakes from scratch.
Ingredients (serves 2):
250g x Smoke haddock, cooked and flaked
250g x Potatoes, boiled and mashed
0.5 x Lemon, squeezed into juice
1 x Handful fresh parsley, diced
Salt and pepper to taste
Milk (if required)
Olive oil (for frying)
1 x Egg, beaten
1 x Gluten free bread roll, into breadcrumbs
1. In a bowl combine the fish, potatoes, lemon juice, parsley and seasoning (to taste), using milk to bind the mixture if required.
2. Shape the mixture into 4 round fish cakes.
3. Dip the cakes into the beaten egg and then into the breadcrumbs.
4. Heat the oil in a pan and when hot enough put the cakes into the pan. Cook on each side until golden brown (approx. 5 minutes each side).
5. When cooked put on kitchen roll to absorb the fat.
6. Serve with a crispy salad and sweet chilli sauce.