What haven’t I done before? Made a vegetable based pasta sauce from scratch.
Ingredients (serves 4):
1 x Small box of passata
1 x Small onion, diced
2 x Garlic cloves, diced
0.5 x Yellow pepper, diced
1 x Courgette, diced
0.25 x Leek, diced
5 x Florets of brocolli (I just had some kicking about)
3 x Tiny fresh red chillis
1 x tbsp gluten-free soy sauce (or regular if you aren’t catering for gluten-freeers)
Splash of red wine
Oregano, salt, pepper, sugar (to season to your taste)
1. Saute the diced onion, garlic and chilli in a splash of olive oil. Before they turn brown chuck in the leeks, pepper, brocolli and courgette – cook until the vegetables are soft.
2. Add in the passata, splash of wine, a good swirl of soy sauce, and a really good tbsp of oregano.
3. Spinkle in a tbsp of brown sugar (or any sugar will work), then add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Let it simmer for 20 minutes until the sauce thickens.
5. I added in meatballs that I had browned in a seperate pan first and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Ideally serve with gluten-free pasta (or regular pasta) or rice.
7. Pop some grated cheese on the top.
(You could also have gluten-free garlic bread to take this dish to another level).