What haven’t I done before? I have never cooked with ricotta cheese or porcini mushrooms.
25g x Porcini mushrooms
1 x tsp dried chilli
2 x Garlic cloves, diced
500g x Passata
8 x Black olives (stone in)
0.5 x Bunch of fresh basil
0.5 x tsp sugar
1 x Large egg
400g x Ricotta cheese
1 x tsp nutmeg
1 x Lemon
40g x Parmesan cheese
1 x tbsp gluten free plain flour
1. Put the mushrooms into a bowl, cover with boiling water and cover with clingfilm – leave to the side.
2. Crack the egg into a mixing bowl, add the ricotta, nutmeg, lemon zest, Parmesan and flour – beat well together.
3. Put 1 tbsp of olive oil into a pan and put tablespoon sized ricotta dollops into the pan, evenly spreadout. Turn when golden brown.
4. In a large pan put a tbsp of olive oil, dried chilli and garlic then add the chopped porcini with half the water. Then add the passata and season with salt, pepper and sugar to taste.
5. Squash in the olives and remember to take out the stones, chuck in most of the basil leaves but leave a few nice leaves for decoration. Cook for 15 minutes until the sauce thickens.
6. Serve the sauce in a bowl and place the ricotta fritters on top – then decorate with basil leaves. You may want to serve this with pasta / salad.
(Credit: Jamie Oliver)