What haven’t I done before?
I wanted to further explore the use of lentils in a curry and this recipe is much richer than the previous dahl I made.
Ingredients (serves 4 as a side):
200g x Red lentil
1 x Large onion, diced
2 x Tbsps curry paste (I use Pataks if I don’t have time to make my own)
1 x Tbsp curry powder
1 x Tsp ground turmeric
1 x Tsp ground cumin
1 x Tsp chilli powder
1 x Tsp salt
1 x Tspn brown sugar
1 x Garlic clove, crushed
1 x Inch fresh ginger, crushed
500g x Passata
- Wash the lentils in cold water until the water runs clear. Put lentils in a pot and cover with double the amount of water (2:1), cover the pan and simmer until the lentils are cooked. Add more water if you need to until the lentils are cooked.
- While the lentils are cooking, fry the onions in a little oil.
- In a bowl, combine the curry paste, curry powder, turmeric, chilli powder, cumin, salt, garlic, ginger and sugar.
- When the onions are cooked, add the curry mixture to the onions and cook on a high heat, constantly stirring.
- Stir in the Passata, reduce the heat and allow the gravy to simmer until the lentils are cooked.
- When the lentils are cooked (until tender), drain them and mix the curry into the lentils.
- Serve with flatbread and yoghurt.
2 Comments Add yours
This looks delicious! Thank you for sharing.
Thank you! I hope you like if you try it out 😀