What haven’t I done before?
I made this from scratch and pretty much guessed what would and wouldn’t work in terms of flavours – it worked!
I also haven’t used fenugreek before which is used in lots of Indian recipes, is used for culinary and medicinal purposes and, apparently, has estrogen-like properties known to increase libido (just giving you the key facts here!!)
Ingredients (serves 2):
Pack of prawns
1 x Red onion, diced
2 x Red chillies, de-seeded and diced
1 x Large garlic clove
2cm x Ginger, peeled and diced
1 x Tsp ground black pepper
1 x Tsp ground mustard seeds
0.5 x Tsp tumeric
1 x Tsp ground fenugreek
3 x Tsp hot curry powder
1 x Tsp salt
300ml x Coconut milk
- Put the onion, garlic, chillies, garlic and a teaspoon of oil in a blender and blitz until it resembles a paste.
- Saute the paste in a tablespoon of oil until it turns light brown.
- In a small bowl, add the pepper, mustard seeds, tumeric, fenugreek, curry powder and salt – mix until combined. When the paste has cooked, add this spice mix and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the coconut milk and stir – simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in the prawns and simmer for a further 5-7 minutes or until the prawns are cooked. Then add a handful of chopped coriander and stir.
- Serve with another sprinkle of coriander, rice, poppadoms and fresh lime.