What haven’t I done before?
Combined mushrooms, a poached egg and baked, yes baked toast.
Ingredients (serves 2):
2 x Pieces of gluten free bread (I use Genius)
1 x Pack of chestnut mushrooms, chopped
2 x Eggs, poached
Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Put the bread in the toaster and toast on setting 3.
- Put a good chunk of butter in a pan and when melted, not burnt, put the mushrooms in. Lightly sauté the mushrooms and season with salt, pepper and some Szechuan pepper.
- Put the toast on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, Szechuan pepper and oregano. Bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Whilst the mushrooms are cooking and the toast is baking poach the eggs (I do mine for 3 minutes).
- Take the toast out and put a piece on each plate, top with mushrooms and a poached egg.
- You could even grate a little Parmesan on the top if you are feeling really glutinous!