What haven’t I done before?
Made a fish pie.
Ingredients (serves 2):
300g x Fish pie mixed fish pack
2 x Large potatoes, peeled
200ml x Milk (plus extra for the mash)
1 x Red onion, chopped in quarters
1 x Bay leaf
1 x Tsp loveage or dill
75g x Cheese, grated
2 x Tbsp gluten free flour
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Boil the potatoes until soft but not mushy.
- Whilst the potatoes are cooking start prepping the fish. Put it in a pan, cover with 200ml of milk, a bay leaf, loveage, salt and pepper. Also, pop the quartered onions between the fish pieces. Cook until simmering and then take off the heat and leave until the potatoes are ready.
- Drain the water from the potatoes and mash with a good chunk of butter, a generous splash of milk, the cheese and salt and pepper.
- Drain the fish through a sieve but keep the infused milk. Put the fish in the bottom of an ovenproof dish.
- In the same pan where you cooked the fish, melt a generous chunk of butter. Take off the heat and add in a a tablespoon of flour and mix well. Then add another tablespoon of flour and mix well. Add in the infused milk to create a creamy thick sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the fish pieces. Then top with the mash potato.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until piping hot.