What haven’t I done before?
Made gluten free brownies successfully – I’m super proud that I managed to do it this time (obviously had to try them) and can’t wait to give them to my boyfriend this evening (he loves brownies). Lots of brownie points for me then…
Ingredients (makes 10-12):
200g x 70% plain chocolate (I used Lidl’s and it works a treat), broken into smaller pieces
200g x Unsalted butter, cut into cubes
3 x Large eggs
175g x Brown sugar
110g x Gluten free self raising flour
Pinch of salt
75g x Walnuts, chopped roughly
Icing sugar (for dusting)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Put the chocolate and butter in a microwavable bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Take out and stir. Then keep putting it in the microwave for 10-15 second bursts until melted.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar with an electric whisk (trust me…you need an electric whisk) until frothy. Then add in the chocolate/butter mix and whisk for 20-30 seconds. Using a wooden spoon, mix the ingredients and then fold in the gluten free flour. Add in the salt and walnuts and mix well.
- Line a tray/ovenproof dish with greaseproof paper and pour in the mixture. Make sure it is evenly spread within the tray or dish. I used a deepish dish and cooked mine for 15 minutes – you do not want to overcook as you want them to be gooey.
- Serve with caramel sauce (I bought a delicious caramel sauce from Waitrose).
3 Comments Add yours
I love this recipe. I have been craving some hot gluten free brownies topped with vanilla ice cream, and this way, I can have it.
You sure can. You can also replace the walnuts with white chocolate chunks for it to be extra delicious!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’ll try both! I love walnuts. Having some roasted walnuts with coconut chips at the moment. Excellent timing. Thank you again.