What haven’t I done before?
Made a vegetarian filling for tacos. I felt inspired after visiting Wahaca this week – I thought I would try and recreate my own Mexican feast.
Ingredients (serves 2 hungry people or 3 regularly hungry people):
8 x Gluten free taco shells (yes, I ate 4 and I’m ok with it)
2 x Aubergines (I pre-baked these for 40 minutes in foil to make it quicker after a busy day)
1 x Garlic clove, diced finely
1 x Red onion, diced
1 x Ripe vine tomato, diced
1 x Small chilli, diced
Salt and pepper
Avocado (to garnish)
Paprika yoghurt (natural yoghurt with a generous sprinkle of paprika)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Saute the onion, garlic, and chilli in olive oil until brown (but not burnt).
- Add in the tomato and diced aubergine – season well with salt, pepper and smoked paprika. Cook until the tomato is soft and the aubergine hot enough.
- Put the tacos on a baking tray and bake for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve, so your guests can put their tacos together, with paprika yoghurt, avocado and a sprinkling of grated cheese.