What haven’t I done before?
I have never made granola before – I don’t like shop bought granola because it is full of added sugar. I wanted to make this with no added sugar and with lots of delicious nuts.
It’s up to you as to how much granola you want / need to make but I just made one baking trays worth which gave me 4-6 portions. It really depends on how much granola you eat on a weekly basis – I don’t eat that much so this was plenty for me.
Pistachios (I used salted pistachios so the granola wasn’t too sweet but you could always go for plain)
Coconut oil, melted
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Put all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl – remember to think about the overall quantity of granola you would like and measure ingredients accordingly (that’s the beauty of this…you can have whatever you love in your granola).
- Melt a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil over the dry ingredients and a similar amount of honey (if you don’t like it too sweet you can always reduce the amount of honey you put into the mixture).
- Give it a really good mix and then spread it evenly on your baking tray.
- Bake for roughly 10 minutes but make sure it doesn’t burn which can easily be done.
- Enjoy with Greek yoghurt and fresh fruit.