What haven’t I done before?
I didn’t think it was possible to make pea pancakes / didn’t think it was a thing. However, when my freezer broke I had to look for ideas to get rid of the copious amount of frozen peas I had (I hate waste!).
400g x Frozen peas – boiled, drained and blitzed in a blender
50g x Butter, melted
2 x Eggs, beaten
2 x Tbsp cornflour
Salt and pepper
Method (serves about 6 pancakes):
- Combine the blitzed peas in a large mixing bowl with 25g of the melted butter. Then add the eggs, slowly, until combined.
- Gradually add in the cornflour, spoon by spoon, until you have a thick batter. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Use the remaining butter to grease a frying pan (you won’t be able to do all 6 pancakes at the same time so make sure you don’t use all the butter at once). When the pan is hot, ladle in mixture for 2 pancakes (try and keep them as far apart as possible in the pan). Be careful that they don’t stick – use a spatula to gently ease the pancake from the bottom of the pan and after 2 minutes flip it…carefully. Leave for another couple of minutes and then they should be ready (but use your judgement here as it depends on how thick you make them).
- Repeat this process until you have roughly 6 pancakes or the batter runs out.
- Serve with a poached egg, grilled tomato and smashed avocado.