What haven’t I done before?
Eaten or made enchiladas. I used Warbutons wraps but I do want to try with a thinner gluten free wrap to see what it’s like.
Ingredients (serves 2):
2 x Red peppers, sliced lengthways
2 x Corn on the cobs
0.5 x 400g tin of black beans
0.5 x 400g tin of plum tomatoes
3 x Spring onions, diced
1 x Red chilli, diced
0.5 Tsp x Ground cumin
1 x Bunch of fresh coriander
1 x Lime
4 x Gluten free wraps
Feta cheese. crumbled
Cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- On a hot oiled griddle pan, griddle the peppers and corn until charred – turn regularly. When cooked, remove to cool.
- In a frying pan, add the drained black beans, stir in the cumin and fry for 5 or so minutes – stir occassionally (the smell is wonderful).
- The corn should now be cool. Cut kernels away from the corn. Add the peppers, corn and black beans to a bowl. Then add in the finely diced spring onions but remember to save some for decoration. Add in the chilli and most of the corriander leaves. Squeeze in the lime and season with salt and pepper.
- In the frying pan, add the garlic and finely diced corriander stalks. Stir in the tomatoes and half a tin of hot water – break the tomatoes with a wooden spoon to help create a sauce. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 5 minutes until it has thickened. Season well.
- Divide the vegetable mixture between the 4 wraps, roll them up and put them in an oven dish. Pour over the sauce and top with grated cheddar and feta. Drizzle olive oil over the top and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with the reserved spring onions and coriander leaves.
2 Comments Add yours
Looks so good
They were delicious!