What haven’t I done before?
This is a new recipe for me – combining spinach and meatballs together. This was a great dish to prepare the evening before and then finish it off after a busy day at work.
Ingredients (serves 4):
0.5 x Bag of gluten free pasta
1 x Red onion, diced
1 x Red pepper, diced
1 x Red chilli, deseeded and diced
2 x Garlic cloves, diced
Handful of fresh basil
Handful of fresh parsley
Bag of washed spinach
Meatballs (I bought pre-made but they are easy to make)
2 x Balls of mozzarella
1 x Glass of red wine
Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a large pan, heat a good glug of olive oil and saute the onion, pepper, chilli and garlic – you want the vegetables to be soft but not burnt. Make sure you do this with the lid on.
- Add in the meatballs and wine – slowly cook in the vegetables until cooked – this should take around 15 minutes.
- Then wilt the spinach in the same pan and combine all the ingredients together. Season with lots of salt and pepper. Take off the heat.
- Cook the gluten free pasta – I usually do this for about 8-10 minutes in hot salty water. Then drain.
- Add the pasta to the meatball pan and combine all ingredients together – season again if neccessary.
- Pour into an oven dish and then top with sliced mozzarella.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (needs to be hot all the way through).
- Enjoy with salad.