What haven’t I done before?
This is a new recipe and goes well with any fish based dish.
Ingredients (serves 4 as a side):
1 x Pack of french beans
1 x Tin of pre-cooked lentils
10 x Cherry vine tomatoes
0.5 Tsp x Ground cumin
1 x Garlic clove, diced
Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and cook the tomatoes, on the vine, for 20 minutes. Make sure you drizzle them with olive oil, salt and pepper before popping them in the over.
- In a pan of boiling water put the beans in for 3 minutes. When cooked, drain them and cool with cold water. Put in a large bowl.
- Rinse the lentils in a sieve with cold water then lightly fry them in a pan with the garlic and cumin. After 5 minutes, pop them in the bowl with the beans.
- While the tomatoes are cooking, put the sauce together. In a bowl put 3 tablespoons of olive oil, a tablespoon of balsamic, a teaspoon of mustard, salt and pepper. Give it a really good mix.
- Serve the beans and lentils, top with the vine tomatoes and then dress with the sauce.
- Enjoy as a side with fish.