What haven’t I made before?
A quiche – my Mum makes an amazing quiche so why would I? I also hate making pastry…so I cheated and bought ready-made.
Ingredients (serves 4):
1 x Gluten free ready-made pastry (I used Schar’s and it was great!)
3 x Large Eggs
0.5 x Pint of milk
3 x Pieces of bacon, diced
1 x Red onion, diced
1 x Tomato, sliced
Cheddar cheese, grated (as much as you like)
Gluten free flour
Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a quiche dish. Roll out the pastry on a gluten free floured surface so it’s big enough to fit into a quiche dish with a little excess over the sides as the pastry does shrink.
- Blind bake the pastry – I pricked holes in mine, brushed milk over it and popped it in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk 3 eggs in a jug and add half a pint of milk. Season with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Then fry the onions and bacon in a pan until cooked.
- Take the pastry out – put a good layer of grated cheese on the bottom, then put the bacon and onion mix on top. Gently pour the egg and milk mixture over the cheese, bacon and onions. Top with sliced tomatoes.
- Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes – keep an eye on it as you don’t want it to burn.
- Enjoy with a fresh salad!