What haven’t I done before?
I have tried this dish so many times as I love it but it’s the first time I made it. It goes really well as a side with baked salmon.
Ingredients (serves 2):
2 x Red onions, diced
3 x Fresh ripe tomatoes, diced
2 x Garlic cloves, diced
1 x Small chilli, diced
1 x Can of butter beans
Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Put the onions, tomatoes, garlic and chilli in an ovenproof dish. Season with salt, pepper and a tablespoon of oregano. Then add a really generous helping of olive oil (this will really enhance the dish). Give it a good mix and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes take the dish out and add in the drained butter beans – mix well. Bake for a further 30 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and drizzle with olive oil – gently mash with a potato masher to help provide texture.
- Serve as part of a selection of Greek meze or with a piece of fresh salmon or chicken.