What haven’t I done before?
I have never made homemade pasta before. It really did take lots of preparation but it was worth it and I will try again.
Ingredients (serves 4):
450g x Baked potatoes (I baked these the day before. You need to peel them when they have cooled)
150g x Rice flour
1 x Tbsp salt
0.5 x Tsp ground black pepper
0.5 x Tsp nutmeg
3 x Egg yolk
- Put the peeled cold baked potatoes in a large bowl and mash well.
- Add the flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg – mix well.
- Add in the egg yolks and combine the mixture into a ball. If you find it too dry then use a little bit of cold water.
- Cut the ball into 4 and roll into cylinders – these are then ready to be cut into gnocchi shaped pieces (you will want to shape them into rounder edged pieces – if you find it hard to shape the gnocchi then wash your hands in cold water – it really helps!).
- Boil a pan of salty water and when boiling carefully place the gnocchi in the pan – cover and cook for around 2/3 minutes (they will float to the top when they are cooked).
- I served with blitzed minestrone soup (please see my ‘Gluten free minestrone soup’ recipe). It’s delicious with the gnocchi and a sprinkling of freshly grated Parmesan.